For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, we, KC Gardening Ltd. are the Data Controller and Processor for https://gardeningwithken.com.
The GDPR 2018 will introduce the following principles to UK/ EU law:
- Lawful, fair and transparent processing of data
- The purpose for which personal data is collected must be specified, explicit and legitimate, and the data must be processed in a manner that remains compatible with the initial purpose for which it is collected
- Data is not excessive and remains adequate and relevant data to the purpose
- Accuracy of data is maintained
- Data is stored for no longer than necessary
- Appropriate measures are taken to ensure data is processed in a secure manner
By registering for our Newsletter, downloading a resource, purchasing a product or submitting your personal data via this web site, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of it as set out below. We require these details in order to keep you updated and to fulfil our contract with you. Please do not use this website if you do not agree with any of the following.
What information do we collect?
If just browsing The Site, our servers and cookies collect the following generic information about you;
- The Operating System you use e.g. Windows
- The Browser you use e.g. Safari or Google Chrome
- The device you are using to view this website e.g. Desktop or Mobile
- Your IP Address
- Your Behaviour on our Site e.g. Page Views, Link Clicks etc.
Only when voluntarily completing a form on The Site, do we then have access to the following information:
- E-mail Address
- First & Last Name
- Country of Residence
- Full address (if we are required to send any physical products)
Please Note – At no point do we process and/ or store any bank or credit card information.
How we collect your information
- Cookies (Please refer to the the links in the Cookies section below)
- Newsletter Sign Up Form
We store cookies on your computer to identify that you have been to our site before, and to personalise certain content based on previous behaviour. We do use third party cookies to track data. A summary of the cookies used on this Site and what they are used for can be viewed below.
http://www.google.com/settings/ads. If you would not like to be tracked during your visit you can install a Do Not Track Plugin for Google Chrome or enable the Do Not Track feature in Firefox. You can also visit http://www.aboutCookies.org/ or http://cookiepedia.co.uk/ for further information how to manage and delete Cookies.
For information on how this website uses Google Analytics cookies visit this page: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
How we use your information
- To enable us to ensure your online account has been created and updated successfully so that you safely and securely access the content you have purchased or registered for
- To communicate with you regarding your purchase and/or subscription
- To personalise and target future correspondence regarding new and related products, courses and sale windows
- To respond to specific enquiries and queries
- For resolving complaints and dealing with disputes
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- For preventing and detecting fraudulent or criminal activity
- If you have given us your consent to receive marketing communications by email, are a customer of ours or you have previously asked us for information about our products or courses, we may send you marketing messages by email. However, in every marketing email message we send you, we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailings altogether.
- For internal research/analysis and customer profiling
Please note the usage as outlined above applies to all information we hold about you, however we obtain it during your journey with us.
Disclosure of your information
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
- You have the right at any time to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing Newsletter at any point by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing Newsletter you have received from us.
- From a Data Retention perspective, we are legally bound from a financial viewpoint to keep your personal data on our systems for seven years after you have made a purchase with KC Gardening Ltd.
Accessing your information
- The GDPR 2018 gives you the right to check that your personal data is being processed lawfully. Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with the act. Any subject access request must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like amendments made to your data e.g. change of name or contact details, please contact us at any time via email@example.com
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this web site, therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure (both technologically and physically) and to try to prevent any unauthorised access to it. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
If at any point you suspect or become aware of a breach of security, or receive suspicious communications from someone claiming to be from KC Gardening Ltd. please let us know immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are occasionally provided with products and services by brands in exchange for content. The brands we work with are of a level of quality that our community and audience would benefit from.
We therefore do our research about the brands we work with, always aiming to work with brands that are well reviewed.